Sunday, July 20, 2008

No worries

I took Niya and Quyncee to take pictures. I watched Niya pose and it
almost made me cry! My little girl is growinge has no worries, cares,
pretty much care free. Gosh! I hope she doesn't become diabetic.
As I watched her I wondered what it would be like not to worry about
testing my bg's, going to the Endo ever 3 months, not counting carbs,
not exercising...did I mention remembering to bolus!

*sighing*

What I would give to have 1 day of no worries....

*back to reality*

I complain about having diabetes every once in a blue moon, I
wouldn't change it for the world.

Ps

If anyone finds a cure.. I want to be placed on the list...hahaha! I'm
Diabetic not Crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherise:

I posted this reply to you last week. I guess I am not savy about blogs yet. I will get there. Teresa is loving the pod. She can't believe that she has not given herself a shot since last Wed morning. Her sugars are all over the place. I guess it will take some time to set her basal and bolus numbers. She has one question: Do you recommend a product to remove the glue that remains in your skin when you change the pod? Thanks, Maria


THIS WAS POSTED ON THURSDAY JULY 17.
Hi Cherise:

Teresa started with the pod yesterday. Everything went very well yesterday and she repeatedly said she loved it. She had a low at dinner time another at 3 am and one more at lunch time today, which is probably a sign that we will have to adjust her settings.
This morning at 7:50 am as she was waking up we had a hazard alarm "Pod failure, insulin delivery interrupted, change pod now." So we did. I called Insulet and after reading to them the code for the error they said that this error was associated with static electricity. They recommended using static guard in her clothes and bed. Thankfully, they are sending us a replacement pod. I hope this does not happen too often. What has been your experience?

Thanks for checking on us!

Maria

Anonymous said...

I hope that you got some great photos :)

Yes, it would be nice to live a more carefree life... I have days where that's all I want.

But we just keep doing what we have to do!!