Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OmniPod PDM-Error




Before dinner I had to test my bg's, there's an error...My PDM says, "Remove POD, PDM error" Beep Beep...OMG! What do I do??? I have never had this issue before. Should I remove the POD? beep, beep!!! I can't get the PDM to stop beeping.
I noticed on the bottom of the PDM it says call insulet and it gave me a reference number.
I am trying to fix dinner, my family is staring at me!!!

I can't believe it, I jinxed myself;that's what I get for saying I haven't had any issues.

Katrina (Insulet): "Thank you for calling the Insulet Corp. How can I help you?"
Me: "Hello, I was testing my BG's and the PDM read---PDM error and starting alarming! I have never had this problem before."
Katrina: "Do you have a paper clip? You will have to take the back of the PDM off, it needs to be reset. Push in the little button underneath the battery."
Me: "Ok, will I lose all of my setting's?"
Katrina: "No, your setting's will be ok but you will not be able to bolus. You have to use a new POD."
Me: "Will you send me a new Pod? I just started using my current POD yesterday."
Katrina: "Sure."

I changed my POD and I still wasn't able to bolus

Me: "How come I can't bolus?"
Katrina: "You have to enter it manually the first time and after that it should pick up your setting's."
Me: "ok!"
Katrina: "Do you feel comfortable with using the OmniPod and Do you have any questions?"
Me: "No, thank you for your help."

I was checking my postmeal BG's and my bolus calculator still wasn't set up. GRRRR! I had to tell myself to calm down. I had to reset all of my bolus setting's on the PDM. I am glad I remembered my settings and VERY happy I had the manual or I would've been SOL and still on the phone with Katrina.

0 comments: