Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A1c results are in......



Wesley (Endo NP) walked in the office.....

Wesley: "Hello! what do you think your A1C is?"

Me: "I think it's 7.8."

Wesley: "Nope, it's 6.3."

Me: "Really??? Wow! I am surprised. I didn't think I did good. I have had a lot of high fasting numbers"

Wesley: "You are doing great."

Me: "I want to be at 5.9 next time."

I am excited and happy that my A1C dropped from 7.1 to 6.3 within 3 months. I have always been under 6.1 after my dx. In January my anti bodies started attacking my pancreas and I was placed on insulin. I guess this Pod has helped maintain good control.
I am doing well overall. I didn't have a lot of highs or lows. I told him I decided to go back to being semi-strict again, I let up just a little too much, once you start letting go it's a matter of time before you lose control; I don't want to lose control at all.
I am going back to dedicating 1 day a month to have something I really want and decreasing my carbs, no more than 30-35 per meal; of course I am going to have a snack in between. I am determined to see 5.6 again!! I know it's not going to be easy, but if the good Lord's willing I will see it again.

Happy to be under 6.5 (A1c), trying to achieve 5.6 again!! Send up your prayers cause I am going to need it

1 comments:

Bernard said...

W00t

How did you manage that!! Good for you, what an awesome improvement.

I like the idea of giving yourself a bit of a day off once per month. I think I'm on the twice per week plan and need to fix that!

I've added your blog to the diabetes search tool that I've created. You're about the 920th site.

You may find it useful and the ad money goes to support Dr. Faustman's research.