Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Look!!!

I am a Pod wearer! The site shown above is my stomach (first Pod site). So far so good! I am still a little confused on a few things but I'll figure them out as I go along. I can swim, bike ride and whatever else I want


My NP was really helpful. The hardest thing for me to do was tell the PDA to insert the cannula; the fear if the unknown. YIPPEE, It was pretty much pain free. I was amazed, it did not hurt. MDI's (multiple daily injections) hurt at times, I really disliked injecting myself 4 times a day. I can eat and sleep w/o worrying about a shot.

I am a little stuck on stupid when it comes to the basal settings; I will understand more and more the longer I use the Pod. I have to get use to the PDA thinking for me and not to over think everything. I am going to have a list of questions prepared for my next appointment.

I told my NP how nervous and excited I am about using the Pod. He reassured me I would get it down pat. I know I will get frustrated, I will hang in there. I know I made the right choice for myself .

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, NO MORE INJECTIONS!!!

0 comments: