Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I made a mistake and I was corrected by Omnipod

I came home from work and my little brother said, "A lady from Riverside County called, she is suppose to call you back in 15 minutes."


The phone rang...


I took the phone from my little brother...

"Hello Cherise, my name is Debbie (Deb)I am the Omnipod Rep for your area."

My first thought was...How did you find me?

She said, "Omnipod keeps a database of all the omnipod users." Oh! makes since right...

The next thing she said was I read your blog and I have a lot of Omnipod users in Arizona and they don't have any issues with the OmniPod staying on during the summer heat. She said there are a few other things I could use when I am in Arizona or Hot weather, alcohol pads are good but you have to use Skin Prep or IV Prep to keep the skin nice and sticky. She said if I have any other issues to call the 800 number and they can help me or call my Endo, they will contact her. I let her know I didn't have any other issues with the OmniPod. I really like using it. She said she uses the Omnipod and has issues with it but it's still a new product.

To sum everything up...I am sorry for blasting Omnipod's adhesive! if I never would have posted the blog I wouldn't have known about Deb and my question wouldn't have been answered. Now I know what to use for my POD in extreme heat and so do you!!!

Thank you Debbie:)

You never know who's reading what you are blogging about...lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great that OmniPod is following up with you (though it does seem strange to think who is reading your blog :)... )

My personal opinion is that IV prep wipes didn't help me AT ALL. I think that my infusion set is more likely to fall out if I use alcohol or IV preps. I this the IV3000 plastic patches (like a second skin) are great. You might try sticking your pod to that. Hope that you pods are sticking well!

Kirsten said...

That is too funny! I found that the IV prep (let it dry for a few minutes) with Tegaderm HP tape works really well. You just have to make sure that the IV prep is all the way dry otherwise the tape doesn't stick well. The other benefit of it for me was less skin irritation - when I was younger, I would get awful rashes around my sites and sometimes scratch them off! I never had a reaction to the Tegaderm...and like Kristin said, the tape acts as a second skin and your pod will adhere to it better (in most cases) than to your skin. Good luck!!