Sunday, July 27, 2008

Freedom, I broke away for 1 day




This weekend was great! Friday I went to Dairy Queen and had some onion rings and a hot fudge sundae! I bolused accordingly. My bg's elevated to 225...wow! Normally I would have been mad at myself for "Cheating" but I felt free eating like everyone else. It felt good to break away from my diabetic thoughts.."No ice cream, cake or sugar" I don't make a habit of "Cheating" but I enjoyed it! I think every once in a while we should break free, have that one thing we've been dying to have but make sure you enjoy it in moderation! I had a wonderful day on Friday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have "non-diabetic day"s where I would forget about watching my diet for a day. It wasn't TRULY a non-diabetic day because I checked more often and correct A LOT, but it was nice to have the freedom to eat whatever I wanted for a day.

I don't feel the need to go as wild as I did back then, but a snickers bar does sneak in every once in a while, but i bolus early, carefully count carbs. Then I don't even feel like I'm cheating-- maybe I'm not :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm happy! You deserve it, you are the most discipline diabetic that I know! Lol!