Friday, July 18, 2008

Bla, Bla...blog

Last week was a relaxing week! I started the week of very positive! I didn't let my job get to me! I tried to keep a positive frame of mind; easier said than done. I think sometimes people tend to try me but I let it go one ear and out the other!
I had a lot of high fasting bg's, not sure why! I didn't let me it bother me. I figure if it was high Sunday morning I would adjust. Well guess what....this AM it was 114. Last night when I went to bed my bg's were 90!!! I figure the Dawn P is getting the best of me. I'll get it together, no worries


Last Tuesday was Pod change night. I changed my POD went to bed. I heard peep, peep, peep. I got out of the bed, went by my PDM and it read change pod; heck I just put in 150 units in this new pod! I called Insulet and I told them what happened. The Rep asked what I was doing when the alarm went off, I let her know I was laying down. I asked the Rep what could've caused the Pod to alarm. She said she didn't know but it happens sometimes. I let her know I just changed my Pod, she said she would send me another one. I am glad she will be sending a replacement Pod but what about the insulin that was wasted!?! I am thankful for the replacement Pod's but I have to figure out away to get a vial of extra insulin to cover me for Pod changes. I'll talk to my Endo about this when I go back next month.

0 comments: