Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What I learned today



Lesson 1: I will not be putting Polly Pod on my arm again. This morning I had to change my site for the Omnipod. I decided to place it on my arm; for me bad choice. I bumped it once, it stayed on. I bumped my arm a second time, this time against the door and Polly Pod almost fell off. I actually thought I liked it on my arm but I was wrong...lol

Lesson 2: Everyday at lunch I go for a walk, it's about 1 mile or 1.5 miles. I was walking w/ my friend and I realized I forgot to set my temp basal. My friend asked me if I wanted to go back. I don't her no I would be ok. Towards the end of our walk, I realized a made a huge mistake. I could feel my BG's drop. I also left my glucose tabs at the office...another bad mistake. Luckily, I made it back to my job w/ my BG's at 70; God was looking out for me. "Never for get the Temp Basal and glucose tabs while walking."


Cherise

Picture: Scott (husband), Niya and Me

1 comments:

Carly said...

i had mediocre experiences with the pod on my arm, and started putting it on the back of either shoulder, just a bit away from the bra strap. much better numbers and i haven't knocked it into anything so far!