Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good Site, Gone Wrong



It looks like a bug bite, is it really? No. The picture you see above is a picture of where my OmniPod sat on my back.
Last night, after I ate dinner (two piece's of chicken tenders, 2 servings of broccoli with cheese) my BG's where 200; very high for what I ate. I had Quyncee look inside of the clear casing to make sure my cannula was still inserted. She said the cannula was still there but it had blood around it and look like a bug bite or a pimple gone wrong. I boloused off of the 200 reading and an hr later my BG's read 217...Ok, what's really going on? I can't be the only person who's had this problem...

I called Omnipod, was told to remove the Pod and to put a new one on. She said a new Pod would be on it's way. No matter what time of day I've called Insulet's customer service, I've always receive great customer service!!!!

I put a new Pod on. I checked my BG's an hour later back down to 157. I am so glad I didn't go to sleep, I would have been Trouble...maybe laying in the hospital.
I am glad I followed my first mind.

Have a Great Weekend.

0 comments: