Monday, June 9, 2008

4 years and counting

Last night I was reading other blogs and I realized that this month is
when I found out I was a diabetic...time sure flies by when you are
having fun...LOL fun is lack of a better word for diabetes!

I have a very supportive husband! He cooks what I can eat and he tries
to stay away from the things I use to enjoy; he knows I'll be bumbed.

I can't believe 4 years ago...I walked into my Doc's office and found
out I was a diabetic. I cried. I went to the car, called my Mom and
cried. I knew I would be ok.

Now, I am doing good! I have slip ups every now and then, but who
doesn't?
I have come to terms with diabetes and you know what diabetes sucks
but I can't change what I have or who I am. I can change and help
prevent complications. I can take care of myself and I have a grasp of
diabetes and I still have a lot to learn. Diabetes is a inpatient
diease and it doesn't like to be cheated.

That's what I learned about diabetes...I'm sure I'll be learning a
whole lot more

Be Blessed
Cherise
www.diabeticizme.blogspot.com
Sent from my iPhone

0 comments: