Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bug-a-boo Co-worker

Yesterday, when I was at work I pulled out my PDM to check my Bg's and bolus for breakfast. My new co-worker came up to me and said, "You too?". I am thinking what is this lady talking about you too. She came up to me and gave me a hug and said POOR BABY; mind you I just met this lady last week. I don't mean to be rude but come on...Please don't feel sorry for me, I don't. She said, " You have diabetes?". I let her know I did. She said, "You take insulin?". I said, "Yes." I placed the strip in my PDM and she said, "wow! you don't have to use that much blood?"...lol by this time I am irritated, she was standing over my shoulder and my PDM read 150. She said,"Wow! that's high." I let her know that it was ok. I was controlled; I didn't want to tell her I take meds in the AM and it causes a slight increase in my bg's, after all that is none of her business.

I think the thing that ticked me off is after she told me my bg's were high, she reached over and grabbed a glazed donut! How can you tell me my BG's are high at 150 and you are eating a glazed donut, didn't check your bg's after you did it...what's up with that???

Venting

0 comments: